How do you protect my personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping your information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure - if you have any concerns that your account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org straight away.
Where do you store my information?
Your information may be stored outside the UK and the European Economic Area as one of our group companies is based in Canada. In addition, some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside the UK and the European Economic Area. We only let that happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security.
Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being held outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
What types of personal information does Element Human collect about me?
Information that you give us
Where you set up an account with us, we will collect your name, email address, organisation details, user name and password and details about your account with us, for example your joining date.
We will also collect any personal information you choose to provide to us if you get in contact with us.
We automatically collect some technical information from the device you are using to access our services, for example your mobile, your tablet or your computer, and web browsers. This might include your IP address and when you last logged in to your account.
How long will Element Human keep my personal information?
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it (or until you ask us to erase it).
You can choose at any point to change how you want your personal data handled. If you would like more information on how long we store your personal information or you would like to change how we handle your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
How can Element Human use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, for example when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
- the law says it’s fine to use it; and
- it fits with the rights you have.
We use your information for these types of things:
- to manage and deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- to deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- to get in contact with you where necessary to provide you with our services or where you have consented to such contact, for example when you sign up to our newsletter.
We will only contact you where we need to or where you have consented to us contacting you.
When does Element Human share my personal information with others?
We do not provide your personal data to any third parties except:
- to other members of the Element Human group of companies;
- to our service providers ( including Sentry, Google, Hubspot and Amazon Web Services), only when they need to have access to the personal data to provide the specific services to us;
- where required to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, when we may share your data with the prospective buyer or seller; and
- if all or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your data will be one of the transferred assets.
What are my rights?
You're in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- ask to have any inaccurate information held about you amended;
- ask for your personal data to be erased under certain conditions;
- restrict or object to your information being processed in certain circumstances;
- receive your personal data which you have provided to us and to send such data to another organisation; and
- in certain circumstances, withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed.
If you would like any further information about any of these rights or would like to exercise any of them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bear in mind, sometimes we might not be able to help, for example if the law tells us we can’t.
1. What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are small text files which are transferred to your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app.
To do a few different things:
- to remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again
- to keep you signed in
- to help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
We may use third parties to provide these cookies and tracking technologies, including Google Analytics, Segment.io, Woopra and Intercom.
3. What are the types of cookies?
Some cookies are always on when you visit us, and you can’t turn them off unless you change your browser settings. We call these “strictly necessary cookies”. We use them to make sure our services work correctly.
We also use functional and performance cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. You can switch these on or off at any time in your browser settings and you can always change your mind.
There are also third party cookies out there from other companies. These "third-party cookies" might track how you use different websites, including ours. You can turn them off, but not through us.
4. How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they’re there when you come back.
5. How do I control my cookies and tracking?
Strictly necessary cookies are always on when you visit us. On your first visit to us, we’ll tell you about our other types of cookies and ask you to choose which cookies we can use. You can always change your mind by going to your settings.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some of our services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes and we recommend that you regularly review this policy to keep up to date with such changes.
If you don't agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services and stop giving us any more personal information. We'd be sorry to see you go.
How can I contact Element Human?
We are always happy to chat! If you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email (email@example.com) or post (DPO, Element Human, 7 Savoy Court, London, WC2R 0EX).
We're regulated by the Information Commissioner's Office. You can also contact them for advice and support.